||Here are a sample of my podcasts and interviews, which I hope will help you protect your organization.
10 Risk-Reducing Actions for Mobile HIPAA/HITECH Compliance
Watch the webinar here
The adoption of mobile devices such as smart phones and tablet PCs are on the rise in the healthcare
industry. These devices store large amounts of sensitive and confidential data creating a new security
challenge for the IT manager.
Join Rebecca Herold, compliance and data security expert, to understand how the use of mobile
devices impacts your security policies and your HIPAA and HITECH compliance responsibilities.
She’ll cover these key topics and more:
• HIPAA and HITECH compliance regulations
• Biggest information security and privacy risks related to using mobile devices
• Effective ways to reduce the risks while meeting compliance requirements
Available until September 21, 2011, so be sure to watch it soon!
Podcasts from my Protecting Information Quarterly Journal
Technology Innovation Network Radio Show with host Anyck Turgeon
Discussed top five privacy and compliance updates, including the use of Social Security Numbers,
healthcare information and privacy, the Trusted Identity Initiative, and more
My KUCI/Privacy Piracy Interview on June 21, 2010
The Importance of Information Security and Privacy Training and Awareness (approximately 11 minutes)
Privacy and Security Concerns For Social Media
The 3rd quarter 2010 edition of Protecting Information Journal and the accompanying Awareness Advisor has
been published! The topic this quarter was "Privacy and Security Concerns For Social Media." You can hear
the podcast (8:42min) of the feature article by clicking here. Please forward the link to others to help them be
more aware of how to protect their information and privacy when using social media sites. I welcome your
PRIVACY PIRACY HOST, MARI FRANK, INTERVIEWS
“THE PRIVACY PROFESSOR” PRIVACY EXPERT, REBECCA HEROLD
Social Media Privacy Chat with Mari Frank and Rebecca Herold (approximately 10 minutes)
Originally broadcasted on MONDAY, JUNE 21ST, 8-9AM PACIFIC TIME, KUCI 88.9 FM IN IRVINE, CA
AND AUDIO STREAMING ON WWW.KUCI.ORG
Rebecca Herold will discuss the following topics and more!
- Why are the numbers of privacy breaches seeming to increase instead of there being fewer of them?
- What industries need to improve in protecting personal information?
- Are non-regulated companies taking privacy risks seriously? It seems that many only think about
- privacy after pushback from users (Facebook, Google, etc.)
- What should organizations be doing to more effectively protect personal information?
- Should small organizations be held to the same privacy protection requirements as large organizations?
- How can organizations effectively manage all their privacy compliance requirements?
Don’t miss this fascinating interview with Rebecca Herold