Last week I had the pleasure of speaking with Alexander B. Howard at SearchCompliance.com for a 26 minute podcast…
Podcast: HITECH Act adds new compliance requirements, penalties
The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, sometimes referred to as “HIPAA2,” introduces new compliance requirements, penalties and incentives for the adoption of electronic health records. In this podcast I talked about the HITECH Act and its implications for compliance and information security professionals.
When you listen to the podcast, you’ll learn the following:
- What is HITECH?
- What is generally required by HITECH?
- Who is affected by HITECH and its compliance requirements?
- What is the role of information technology in HITECH?
- What are the penalties for noncompliance in HITECH?
- How does HITECH differ from HIPAA?
- How will HITECH change electronic health care and the jobs of health care CIOs?
Let me know what you think!